- What are American Cancer Society Golf events?
American Cancer Society golf tournaments provide players of all skill levels an outstanding golf experience and the opportunity to support cancer research, education, advocacy, and patient service programs in local communities. Events benefit the lifesaving work of the American Cancer Society and offer a fun way to support the Society’s programs and services, which make a difference every day in the lives of people touched by cancer.
- How can I get involved?
From golf outings to tournaments, we have an event that will suit your interests and let you join in the spirit of camaraderie and compassion as we work together to save lives from cancer. You can help by becoming a sponsor, participating in an event, joining a planning committee, volunteering at an event, or donating an auction item! It’s all about having fun while helping to save lives.
- Who should I contact to get involved?
If you would like more information on the American Cancer Society Cincinnati Golf Classic and how you can get involved, please contact Alicia Lehnert at 888.227.6446 x 4207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What happens with the money raised?
Funds you raise through Golf events help the American Cancer Society save lives and create a world with less cancer and more birthdays by:
- Helping people stay well by educating and empowering women to live healthy lives and reduce their risk for breast cancer, and to get screening tests such as mammograms to find breast cancer early, when it is easiest to treat
- Helping people facing breast cancer get well by providing information, day-to-day help, and emotional support to guide them through every step of their breast cancer experience
- Finding cures by investing in and conducting research that leads to groundbreaking discoveries into breast cancers causes and cures
- Fighting back by working with legislators to support laws that help women battle breast cancer and help all women get access to screenings and care
- If I mail in my payment will I receive a receipt for my tax records?
Yes, the American Cancer Society mails a receipt for all checks received. You will be mailed a letter, along with a receipt for your tax records, approximately six weeks after we receive your payment. The receipt will provide you with the value of your contribution that is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Receipts may be requested for cash payments.
- If I make a general donation online using my credit card, will I receive a receipt for my tax records?
After submitting your online donation you will be directed to a confirmation page that can be printed for your tax records. In addition, an email will be sent to the email address you provided at the time you made the donation. The email will include a receipt that can be printed for your records. Both the confirmation page and the email receipt will provide you with the value of your contribution that is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
- Where does my donation go?
Each donation made in association with the Cincinnati Golf Classic goes towards the American Cancer Society’s efforts to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.